RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- Rye High School has been named the second-most challenging high school in Westchester County and the 16th-most challenging high school in New York State, according to a new national study of public and private high schools conducted by the Washington Post.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale.
- Westchester will receive more than $1 million in state funding to fix damaged roads and bridges.
- 1 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director