RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Free Reading Room is seeking a customer-focused circulation manager to oversee the daily operation of circulation services and staff in a historic library.
Reporting to the director, the circulation manager supervises all clerical staff, assists in interpreting library policies into procedures, ensures courteous operations of the circulation department and acts as a role model for exemplary public service among staff and colleagues.
• Supervise all clerical staff and pages within the library, including scheduling, evaluating and training.
• Perform circulation services, such as checking out material, issuing new or replacement cards,
updating card holder records, collecting fines, resolving customer problems or complaints.
• Participate in Westchester Library System circulation meetings regarding policies and procedures.
• Purchase library supplies.
• Work interdepartmentally to ensure effective and welcoming service operations competencies.
• Customer service focused.
• Critical thinking.
• Outstanding judgment.
Qualifications are as follows:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Hospitality or sales experience preferred.
• One year supervisory experience required work environment.
• Ability to operate a computer, calculator, telephone, copying and facsimile machines and other
equipment typically found in an office environment with or without assistance.
• Ability to observe general surroundings and assist customers.
• Some lifting, on occasion up to 35 pounsd; may be required to push or pull book trucks weighing
up to 150 pounds.
• Ability to talk, hear, walk, sit, bend, reach, grasp; may occasional need to climb, balance, stoop,
kneel or crouch.
To apply for an open position, send an email to Director@RyeLibrary.org.
- 1 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 2 State Police Warn Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield