RYE BROOK, N.Y. -- The Anthony J. Posillipo Community Center in Rye Brook was evacuated after the carbon monoxide detector began sounding Wednesday morning, according to Hudson Valley News 12.
One resident and one employee were inside the center when the carbon monoxide detector began sounding about 9 a.m., Hudson Valley News 12 reported.
Firefighters reportedly found high levels of carbon monoxide on the scene. There were no injuries or hospitalizations, according to Hudson Valley News 12.
Officials report that a faulty boiler caused the carbon monoxide levels. The detectors are credited for saving lives at the center, Hudson Valley News 12 reported.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.