RYE, N.Y. -- Two new police officers have been appointed to the Rye Police Department, one a native of Rye and the other originally from Armonk.
Police Officer Lansing Hinrichs, 29, is a graduate of Boston University. He is a New York State certified paramedic, and previously worked at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt and New York Presbyterian Hospitals in New York City.
Police Officer Latoya Anderson, 33, is a graduate of Rye High School and Johnson and Wales University in Providence, R.I. She previously worked as a customer service representative for Phillips Oral Healthcare in Stamford.
Both officers will be assigned to the Westchester County Police Academy for basic recruit training. Then they will begin the department’s field-training program, under the guidance of experienced officers, to familiarize newly hired officers with the community and departmental procedures.
- 1 State Police Warn Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Mourners Gather At Vigil, Seeking Solace After Harrison Shooting Deaths
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours
- 5 Regional Task Force To Reduce Deer Population Proposed After Rye Meeting