RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The City of Rye has released the 2014 Resident's Guide to the Department of Public Works.
- The town of Rye is getting ready to seek a new organization to manage Rye Town Park, though it could be at least a year until a candidate takes over.
- Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL) Chairman Michael Kaplowitz, (Democrat, District 4) and Vice Chairman James Maisano, (Republican, District 11) announced the committee leadership for 2014-15 on Thursday.
- Local governments that stay within the two-percent property tax cap and work toward consolidation and shared services will be eligible for a two-year freeze on property taxes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in his State of the State address Wednesday.
- 1 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 2 Francis C. Rooney Of Rye, Who Helped Transform Retail Business, Dies At 93
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Rye
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion