RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The City of Rye has released the 2014 Resident's Guide to the Department of Public Works.
- The town of Rye is getting ready to seek a new organization to manage Rye Town Park, though it could be at least a year until a candidate takes over.
- Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL) Chairman Michael Kaplowitz, (Democrat, District 4) and Vice Chairman James Maisano, (Republican, District 11) announced the committee leadership for 2014-15 on Thursday.
- Local governments that stay within the two-percent property tax cap and work toward consolidation and shared services will be eligible for a two-year freeze on property taxes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in his State of the State address Wednesday.
- 1 Rye Athletic Director Rob Castagna Hired At Byram Hills Schools
- 2 Newly Named Playland Manager Says His Love Of Park Will Inspire Makeover
- 3 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M