RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- State Sen. George Latimer, D-Rye, is pushing for a bill that would expand the pool of available organ donors.
- Rye's coastal community of Greenhaven was listed among the top 25 richest neighborhoods in America.
- A pair of Monroe College football players have been suspended from school after being arrested early on Friday, April 4 following a drive-by shooting.
- Progress on the Playland Improvement Plan has stalled as the designated park manager, Sustainable Playland, Inc. (SPI), asks for clearer direction from the Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL).
- 1 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended