WESCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- Police concluded late Monday that the deaths of two Rye Brook residents from carbon monoxide poisoning were both accidental.
- Police are investigating two burglaries at Dunkin' Donuts early Tuesday morning in Pelham and Yonkers.
- Family Services in White Plains distributed many free Thanksgiving meals to veterans and their families on Thursday.
- Yonkers police have identified the driver of a sedan who was killed after being hit by a stolen van Monday in Yonkers as 46-year-old Sharlene Stinson of Yonkers.
- Gina-Marie Fonte has joined Transfiguration School in Tarrytown as its new principal .
- The Scarsdale Public Library is preparing for one of the village’s most popular fundraisers as they begin early registration for the annual Adult and Teen Spelling Bee .
- Hastings High School soccer athletes recently received post-season honors .
- A food collection drive to help families in need is under way in Eastchester.
- Mamaroneck Village police announced Wednesday that they are participating in a statewide crackdown on drunk drivers .
- Kelly E. Seibert has been appointed assistant superintendent for business, facilities and operations for the Ardsley Union Free School District.
- Rev. John Nunes was unanimously elected Concordia College's new president following the recent resignation of Viji George.
- Robert V. LaPenta -- CEO of the private investment firm Aston Capital – gave his alma mater New Rochelle's Iona College $15 million to rebuild its business school.
- A fire that started in a Mount Vernon Deli on Monday left one family without a place to stay.
- Uncle Henry's in Harrison has won the DVlicious "Best Wings in Westchester County" contest as chosen by Daily Voice readers with 49 percent of the vote.
- Port Chester resident David Thomas has been appointed clerk for the Village of Port Chester .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.