RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators announced a new schedule for the Rye Playland Improvement Plan Review process.
- Purchase College student Tulani Sinclair thinks prayer should be done at church or in private and not at government meetings, despite the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision Monday to permit the practice.
- Film producer and director Ron Howard has put his six-bedroom home along the border of Greenwich and Armonk, N.Y., on the market for $27.5 million.
- Two Yonkers men and 14 others were arrested Thursday after a major multiagency investigation took down a drug ring that stretched from New York City north through Westchester and the Hudson Valley to the Greenburgh area and seized large amounts of cocaine and marijuana, according to the Westchester District Attorney's Office.
- Four people died in a fire Wednesday morning in a Tampa, Fla., home owned by Yonkers native and retired tennis player James Blake, according to multiple news sources.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Six Rye High School Standouts Commit To College Sports
- 3 Rye Brook Teen, 16, ID'd In Fatal Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Rye
- 5 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M