RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Rye Elementary School was among several schools throughout Westchester County were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- The Leonberger dog found dead along the shore in Rye Wednesday night was not drowned, as the SPCA of Westchester suspected he may have been, according to the owner and their veterinarian.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- Rye native and award-winning investigative journalist Greg O'Brien will give a talk and sign books at the Rye Library on Saturday, Sept. 6, at 10 a.m., and he will also give a keynote speech at Wainwright House at 12:30 p.m.
- 1 Funeral Services Held In Rye For 20-Year-Old Marisa Curlen
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI