RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Rye Elementary School was among several schools throughout Westchester County were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- The Leonberger dog found dead along the shore in Rye Wednesday night was not drowned, as the SPCA of Westchester suspected he may have been, according to the owner and their veterinarian.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- Rye native and award-winning investigative journalist Greg O'Brien will give a talk and sign books at the Rye Library on Saturday, Sept. 6, at 10 a.m., and he will also give a keynote speech at Wainwright House at 12:30 p.m.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Westchester Educators Call On Cuomo To 'Get It Right'
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester