RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Rye Elementary School was among several schools throughout Westchester County were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- The Leonberger dog found dead along the shore in Rye Wednesday night was not drowned, as the SPCA of Westchester suspected he may have been, according to the owner and their veterinarian.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- Rye native and award-winning investigative journalist Greg O'Brien will give a talk and sign books at the Rye Library on Saturday, Sept. 6, at 10 a.m., and he will also give a keynote speech at Wainwright House at 12:30 p.m.
- 1 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 2 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 3 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 4 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 5 Rye Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm