WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Suspect Charged In Rye 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 3 Rye Brook's Karetsky Celebrates Birthday As Westchester Knicks' Fan Of Game
- 4 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes