RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The commute to and from New York City was crippled after a major power outage on the New Haven Line. It could be weeks before full power is restored .
- A Rye woman built a successful business from her love of baking. In the past few years, she has taken that love and expanded it into a nationwide business: Sara Snacker Cookie Company.
- U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey (D-Westchester) on Wednesday criticized Republicans who are trying to defund the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare . She said it would hurt Rye seniors.
- A 21-year-old White Plains woman was injured when she was pushed in front of an oncoming Metro North train at the White Plains station.
- A recent school bus sex incident in Orange County has sparked concern in Westchester.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.