WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An early morning accident on the southbound Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) caused heavy delays on Westchester County roadways during Thursday morning's commute.
Two lanes were blocked between Central Park Avenue (Route 100) and Van Cortlandt Park South (exit 11) for more than two hours. The lanes reopened at 8:45 a.m. The accident involved 12 or more vehicles, according to a report on CBS 2.
An accident on the Hutchinson River Parkway North between northbound I-95 and Route 1, reported at 8 a.m., is causing delays.
- 1 Snow Likely In Rye On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 3 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim