WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories around Southern Westchester County from last week.
- Rye residents mourned the loss of Katherine Chappell, who was mauled by a Lion while on safari in South Africa.
- Yonkers parents and students from Casimir Pulaski School, Family School 32 and Kahlil Gibran School protested against budget cuts .
- A White Plains man faces multiple felony and misdemeanor charges for allegedly fighting with a Macy’s store security guard .
- Mount Kisco native and former Sleepy Hollow High School student Caitlyn Jenner stands to make a great deal of money from her recent transition from her former identity.
- Scarsdale senior James Nicholas is garnering national attention for an incredible golf shot out of a water hazard that helped him secure the New York State Championship .
- Variety and affordability have helped Dobbs Ferry's PopShop thriv e.
- Port Chester High secured two Metropolitan High School Theater Awards .
- Pelham's Simply Sweetz celebrated its one year anniversary .
- Firefighters contained an electrical blaze in a New Rochelle restaurant.
- Authorities are looking for a man they believe is responsible for a daytime shooting in Mount Vernon.
- The Mamaroneck Police Department is warning residents about a suspicious man who allegedly tried to lure a high school student into his car .
- A 48-year-old White Plains man suffered injuries after he was hit by a car at Tarrytown Road and Hillside Avenue.
- Students and faculty members of Bronxville’s The Chapel School recently collected Spanish-language books for libraries in Nicaragua .
- Two teens were killed and three others were injured in an accident on Interstate 95 in Rye.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.