RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Interstate 95 will undergo a two-year face-lift between Rye and New York City starting Monday, Aug. 18, according to LoHud.com.
- A&E's newest program, "Cement Heads," is a reality show that follows WJL Equities, a family owned construction company based in Eastchester. It will be on Tuesday evenings at 10:30 p.m.
- Nobody could have played a crossdressing housekeeper or a wish-granting genie quite like Robin Williams, said Jordyn Schettino who was one of many on Tuesday to reflect on the career of iconic comedian, who was found dead Monday.
- Pouring a bucket of ice water over yourself might seem like an extreme measure to cool off, but thousands of people are doing it for a bigger reason than you'd think. The Ice Bucket Challenge, which has become a viral social media trend across the United States, aims to raise awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), more widely known as Lou Gherig's Disease.
- 1 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 2 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 3 Rye Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News