RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye last week:
- Several police departments, including the Rye Police, responded to a report of an armed home invasion that was later determined to be a hoax, known as "swatting," according to LoHud.com.
- Racially charged fliers purporting to be from a Port Chester barbershop were found near Midland Avenue Monday, but the local NAACP branch says the barbershop had nothing to do with the flier.
Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10 exciting places to live in New York, according to a report by Movoto.
- Whole Foods Market is recalling two salads sold in stores throughout New York due to incorrect labels, which could lead to dangerous food allergy reactions, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Rye's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Rye's Silver Among Westchester Trio Of Pro Sports Leaders
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Rye Residents