Get Veteran Status Displayed On Your Driver's License

  • Comment
Westchester County veterans can get their veteran status displayed on a driver's license. Photo Credit: File photo

RYE, N.Y. -- Westchester County veterans who would like their veteran status displayed on a driver's license or other state ID card can now do so.

There are three ways to accomplish it:

Download form MV-44 from the Dept. of Motor Vehicles website and complete all information.

• Go in person to a local DMV office with a completed MV-44 and proof of your honorable military discharge, usually form DD-214 or DD-215. Some other documents will suffice, such as an "Enlisted Separation Paper." Consult the DMV website for further details.

• Respond by mail when you receive a renewal notice for your driver's license. Include a photocopy of your honorable discharge along with a completed form MV-44.

State Sen. George Latimer's office will assist any veteran who seeks help in submitting the necessary information. Contact the office at 914-934-5250.

"I'm pleased that New York State has offered this designation to our honored veterans. We want to help any veteran that needs it to gain this designation," Latimer said in a statement.

  • Comment


In Other News


Spring Temperatures Will Finally Return To Rye This Weekend

Greenwich Psychologist Helps Patients Rethink Weight Loss