RYE, N.Y. -- Westchester County veterans who would like their veteran status displayed on a driver's license or other state ID card can now do so.
There are three ways to accomplish it:
• Download form MV-44 from the Dept. of Motor Vehicles website and complete all information.
• Go in person to a local DMV office with a completed MV-44 and proof of your honorable military discharge, usually form DD-214 or DD-215. Some other documents will suffice, such as an "Enlisted Separation Paper." Consult the DMV website for further details.
• Respond by mail when you receive a renewal notice for your driver's license. Include a photocopy of your honorable discharge along with a completed form MV-44.
State Sen. George Latimer's office will assist any veteran who seeks help in submitting the necessary information. Contact the office at 914-934-5250.
"I'm pleased that New York State has offered this designation to our honored veterans. We want to help any veteran that needs it to gain this designation," Latimer said in a statement.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Rye Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash