WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Con Edison crews were responding to reports of a gas odor prior to the explosion that collapsed a building in Harlem Wednesday morning.
Con Ed Tweeted that it received a report of a gas odor at 1652 Park Avenue from a resident at 9:13 a.m. Two crews were dispatched at 9:15 a.m. and arrived on the scene shortly before the explosion reported around 9:40 a.m.
Crews are currently working closely with the New York City Fire Department, checking lines and making sure the area is safe.
Two people died in the explosion and 16 were reported injured, according to news reports.
Stay tuned to Daily Voice for more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Rye's Ann Mara Dedicates San Miguel Academy Facility
- 2 Nat'l Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change In Rye Crash, Police Say
- 3 Parker Hosts Third Rye Playland Meeting With Potential Park Operator
- 4 IRS Warns Rye Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard