RYE, N.Y. -- Traffic was disrupted slightly in downtown Rye on Tuesday afternoon as filming took place for the pilot of a new CBS show "Madam Secretary."
Filming was done on Purchase Street near Elm Street, with some filming taking place inside Ruby's Oyster Bar and Bistro. Film crews began setting up equipment on the sidewalks and outside the restaurant at around 2 p.m., with filming expected to last until 1 a.m., Wednesday, March 26. Police were on hand to direct traffic, which was slowed by the equipment trucks and electrical cords running across the road. Employees inside the nearby Starbucks said that the filming was not causing much disruption.
Executive produced by Morgan Freeman and created by "Homeland" writer Barbara Hall, "Madam Secretary" stars Tea Leoni as Secretary of State Elizabeth McGill as she deals with international issues, office politics and her personal life. The pilot will also star Bebe Neuwirth, Tim Daly and Geoffrey Arend.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Six Rye High School Standouts Commit To College Sports
- 3 Rye Brook Teen, 16, ID'd In Fatal Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Snow Likely In Rye On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Rye