RYE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Rye this week:
- The School of the Holy Child in Rye broke ground Thursday on new facilities that will include a new field house, a theater and a workshop for the architecture, engineering and design program.
- Rye resident Leonard P. Bisceglia died March 3 at age 62.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J. area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in , tied with Honolulu.
- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially declared his candidacy for governor .