TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The U.S. Coast Guard is reminding boaters near the Tappan Zee Bridge to exercise additional caution due to construction efforts.
The Coast Guard has instituted a "slow, no wake zone" 500 yards north and south of the bridge.
The Coast Guard may also prohibit all non-construction vehicle traffic on the river at certain times during construction.
In the past few weeks, bridge contractors have installed an additional 16 mooring balls, devices to which work boats may be tied up. The devices themselves, with or without work boats moored to them, can pose a hazard to unwary boaters, especially those going too fast.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 I-95 Accident In Rye Causing Midday Delays
- 3 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 4 Rye Brook Business Building 8-Diamond Baseball Complex
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester