RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Free Reading Room will host Patty Chang Anker author of "Some Nerve: Lessons Learned While Becoming Brave," on Wednesday, April 9.
The Rye YMCA will present the event beginning at 7 p.m.
"With warmth and humor, 'Some Nerve' describes Anker's 'quest to conquer her fears and embrace life - and to inspire others to do the same,'" representatives said. "Published in October 2013, 'Some Nerve' was a finalist for the Books for a Better Life Award and has received widespread praise. Oprah.com has called it 'Downright inspiring.'"
The Rye Free Reading Room is on the Village Green at 1061 Boston Post Road in Rye. The event is free and open to the public. Residents are asked to RSVP to Denise Woodin at 914-967-6363, ext. 101 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the author, visit the Patty Chang Anker website.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Rye's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Rye's Silver Among Westchester Trio Of Pro Sports Leaders
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures