RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Free Reading Room will host Patty Chang Anker author of "Some Nerve: Lessons Learned While Becoming Brave," on Wednesday, April 9.
The Rye YMCA will present the event beginning at 7 p.m.
"With warmth and humor, 'Some Nerve' describes Anker's 'quest to conquer her fears and embrace life - and to inspire others to do the same,'" representatives said. "Published in October 2013, 'Some Nerve' was a finalist for the Books for a Better Life Award and has received widespread praise. Oprah.com has called it 'Downright inspiring.'"
The Rye Free Reading Room is on the Village Green at 1061 Boston Post Road in Rye. The event is free and open to the public. Residents are asked to RSVP to Denise Woodin at 914-967-6363, ext. 101 or at email@example.com.
For more information about the author, visit the Patty Chang Anker website.
- 1 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 2 Francis C. Rooney Of Rye, Who Helped Transform Retail Business, Dies At 93
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents