Rye, N.Y. – Nearly 1,250 customers were without power in Rye Thursday night, the day after a nor’easter knocked out electricity to more homes throughout Westchester and delayed Con Edison’s restoration of power interrupted by winds associated with Hurricane Sandy.
An estimated 1,248 out of 6,070 Con Edison customers in Rye were without power in at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, down from 1,785 Thursday morning.
Con Edison reported approximately 23,607 of its 348,198 Westchester customers out of service as of Thursday night down from 34,101 Thursday morning.
Customers can report downed power lines, outages, and check service restoration status by computer or mobile device or by calling (800) 75-CONED (800-752-6633). Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison with their estimated restoration times as they become available, according to the release.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Is Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 White Plains Man, 31, Who Died In Apparent Drowning ID'd
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital