Rye, N.Y. – Nearly 1,250 customers were without power in Rye Thursday night, the day after a nor’easter knocked out electricity to more homes throughout Westchester and delayed Con Edison’s restoration of power interrupted by winds associated with Hurricane Sandy.
An estimated 1,248 out of 6,070 Con Edison customers in Rye were without power in at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, down from 1,785 Thursday morning.
Con Edison reported approximately 23,607 of its 348,198 Westchester customers out of service as of Thursday night down from 34,101 Thursday morning.
Customers can report downed power lines, outages, and check service restoration status by computer or mobile device or by calling (800) 75-CONED (800-752-6633). Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison with their estimated restoration times as they become available, according to the release.
- 1 Rye Brook Teen, 16, ID'd In Fatal Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Snow Likely In Rye On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 4 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Rye