Rye, N.Y. – Nearly 1,250 customers were without power in Rye Thursday night, the day after a nor’easter knocked out electricity to more homes throughout Westchester and delayed Con Edison’s restoration of power interrupted by winds associated with Hurricane Sandy.
An estimated 1,248 out of 6,070 Con Edison customers in Rye were without power in at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, down from 1,785 Thursday morning.
Con Edison reported approximately 23,607 of its 348,198 Westchester customers out of service as of Thursday night down from 34,101 Thursday morning.
Customers can report downed power lines, outages, and check service restoration status by computer or mobile device or by calling (800) 75-CONED (800-752-6633). Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison with their estimated restoration times as they become available, according to the release.
- 1 Rye Country Day Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 2 Francis C. Rooney Of Rye, Who Helped Transform Retail Business, Dies At 93
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents