RYE, N.Y.-- The Rye Nature Center has announced registration for the "Back to School Vacation Camp" and the "Fall Program" are open.
The cCamp will include a number of events for children grades K-5.
Activities will include:
- Harvest Fun, Sept. 4. Campers will turn apples into cider, pick gourds and turn them into craft critters.
- Schooling Animals, Sept. 5. Children will learn facts about animals, like how to tell which way a school of fish is swimming and what to call a group of skunks.
- Wacky Wacky Wilderness, Sept. 6. Campers will learn basic survival skills, including building shelter, foraging for food and water and fire making.
Programs are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
The center also will host weekly ecology classes starting Sept. 16.
Classes will include:
- Mommy and Me (18 months- 4 years old), Mondays 10-11 a.m. Children and their caregivers will sing songs and learn about the natural world.
- Kindergarden Adventures, Thursdays 12:15-2 p.m. Students learn through hands-on ecology classes. Designed to reinforce first year elementary science curriculum.
- Wild Outside (K-5), Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. Participants will go on nature hikes and find wild animals.
There still is limited space available for the weekly pre-school ecology extended day program.
For additional information, logon to www.ryenaturecenter.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.