RYE, N.Y. -- Jon A. Dorf, managing partner and co-chair of the real estate department at Dorf & Nelson LLP in Rye, joined the Albany Law School board of trustees.
Dorf, along with Matthew Herman and Frank Willey join the board and term trustees; Patrick Jordan joins the board as an alumni trustee; and Jared Pellerin joins as a student trustee.
More than two decades ago, Dorf began his law career as a solo practitioner and has since expanded his firm, which is now known as Dorf & Nelson LLP. His firm now includes multiple practice areas, which in turn, are staffed with a full complement of attorneys, paralegals, administrative and financial professionals and serves a variety of businesses, from burgeoning enterprises to major corporations.
Dorf’s personal areas of concentration include corporate and business law, real estate law and intellectual property law. However, he consults with the firm’s professional staff and advises them regarding many of the firm’s other practice areas.
Dorf advises his clients on complex transactions such as the sales and purchases of businesses, the negotiation of contracts and the implementation of internal agreements (i.e., shareholder agreements, operating agreements, and related governance agreements).
He also advises businesses on a wide range of matters from promoting their growth via strategic planning, to counseling them regarding litigation strategy, as well as assisting with them maintaining corporate compliance.
Dorf’s awards and accomplishments include the following:
- 2012 Equal Access to Justice Award recipient, an honor extended by Legal Services of the Hudson Valley.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Business Hall of Fame’s Small Business Success Award, sponsored by The Business Council of Westchester and received on behalf of the Firm, 2009.
- Pace Setter Award, for excellence in professional and community work, sponsored in part by Pace Law School and the Westchester County Bar Association, 2008.
- Family Friendly Employment Policy Award, presented by the Westchester Women’s Bar Association and received on behalf of the firm, 2008.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.