RYE BROOK, N.Y. – Rye Brook Brownie Troop #1905 took a field trip to Kohl’s in Port Chester to shop for clothes and stock up the Kids Kloset, a program of Westchester Jewish Community Services.
“What these girls did proves you are never too young to learn the value of helping others as well as the value of a dollar,” said Stephanie Roth, director of the Kid’s Kloset. “Kid’s Kloset will distribute the items the Brownies donated to local children whose families live below the federal poverty level.”
During the past year, the Kid’s Kloset has provided clothing and essentials to more than 2,000 local children in need.
According to the troop leaders, the girls had a blast choosing outfits to be donated and felt good about the shopping spree knowing they were helping those in need. Each Brownie earned her Money Manager Badge by learning to work within a budget and stretch a dollar to increase purchasing power.
To learn more about the Kid's Kloset, go to www.wjcs.com/KidsKloset.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 3 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Malls In Westchester
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash