RYE, N.Y. - Racers, runners and walkers turned out in Rye Sunday for the 25th annual Rye Derby.
The Rye Derby is one of the biggest events of the year in the city, with several world class athletes as well as local runners participating. Runners chose either a 5K race or a 5-mile race. There was also a 1-mile family fun run/walk.
To celebrate the history of the 25th derby, a commemorative quilt was created using a collection of Rye Derby T-shirts from over the years. Volunteers gathered with instructor Kim Mulcahy over five sessions to work on the quilt. The volunteers sewed the shirts together, then embellished them with buttons, sequins, yarns and stitching.
- 1 Rye High School, Middle School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Students Evacuated After 'Bomb Threat' Note Found In Boys Bathroom
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Rye On Wednesday
- 4 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 5 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'