RYE, N.Y. - Racers, runners and walkers turned out in Rye Sunday for the 25th annual Rye Derby.
The Rye Derby is one of the biggest events of the year in the city, with several world class athletes as well as local runners participating. Runners chose either a 5K race or a 5-mile race. There was also a 1-mile family fun run/walk.
To celebrate the history of the 25th derby, a commemorative quilt was created using a collection of Rye Derby T-shirts from over the years. Volunteers gathered with instructor Kim Mulcahy over five sessions to work on the quilt. The volunteers sewed the shirts together, then embellished them with buttons, sequins, yarns and stitching.
- 1 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 2 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 3 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Rye
- 5 Rye School Superintendent Asks City Manager, Police To Study Osborn Traffic