RYE, N.Y. - Racers, runners and walkers turned out in Rye Sunday for the 25th annual Rye Derby.
The Rye Derby is one of the biggest events of the year in the city, with several world class athletes as well as local runners participating. Runners chose either a 5K race or a 5-mile race. There was also a 1-mile family fun run/walk.
To celebrate the history of the 25th derby, a commemorative quilt was created using a collection of Rye Derby T-shirts from over the years. Volunteers gathered with instructor Kim Mulcahy over five sessions to work on the quilt. The volunteers sewed the shirts together, then embellished them with buttons, sequins, yarns and stitching.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rye, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Rye; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Rye Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rye
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow