RYE, N.Y. - Racers, runners and walkers turned out in Rye Sunday for the 25th annual Rye Derby.
The Rye Derby is one of the biggest events of the year in the city, with several world class athletes as well as local runners participating. Runners chose either a 5K race or a 5-mile race. There was also a 1-mile family fun run/walk.
To celebrate the history of the 25th derby, a commemorative quilt was created using a collection of Rye Derby T-shirts from over the years. Volunteers gathered with instructor Kim Mulcahy over five sessions to work on the quilt. The volunteers sewed the shirts together, then embellished them with buttons, sequins, yarns and stitching.
- 1 Snow Likely In Rye On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 3 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim