RYE, N.Y. - Racers, runners and walkers turned out in Rye Sunday for the 25th annual Rye Derby.
The Rye Derby is one of the biggest events of the year in the city, with several world class athletes as well as local runners participating. Runners chose either a 5K race or a 5-mile race. There was also a 1-mile family fun run/walk.
To celebrate the history of the 25th derby, a commemorative quilt was created using a collection of Rye Derby T-shirts from over the years. Volunteers gathered with instructor Kim Mulcahy over five sessions to work on the quilt. The volunteers sewed the shirts together, then embellished them with buttons, sequins, yarns and stitching.
- 1 Rye HS Grad Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Astorino Details $25M Deal With New Manager Of Rye Playland
- 3 Astorino Announces Agreement For Private Manager To Take Over Playland
- 4 On the Way Cafe In Rye Gets Reviewed by New York Times
- 5 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates