PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester resident Krista Escaffi-Aguilar, a student at School of the Holy Child in Rye, has won the Katonah Museum of Art's poster design contest for its upcoming exhibition, "Young Artists 2014."
Her design was chosen over 31 other entries from 18 local high schools. It will be used as the postcard invitation sent to more than 3,000 people, as well as the poster and press image representing the exhibition.
The opening reception for the show will be on Sunday, March 2, from 3 to 5 p.m. All 32 designs will be on display along with artwork from the local high school seniors participating in Young Artists 2014.
Young Artists is an annual exhibition of high school seniors' artwork from member schools around the region, and gives aspiring artists an opportunity to participate in all aspects of a museum exhibition.
With the guidance of professionals, the young artists organize, publicize, curate, and mount their own exhibition.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Westchester Educators Call On Cuomo To 'Get It Right'
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says