RYE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Rye’s Justine Bateman!
Justine Tanya Bateman, who was born in Rye, turns 48 on Wednesday.
Bateman, an actress, writer, and producer, was born Feb. 19, 1966.
She is best known for her regular role as Mallory Keaton on the sitcom "Family Ties" (1982–1989), for which she was nominated for two Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award. Until recently, Bateman ran a production and consulting company, SECTION 5.
In the 1996–97 NBC sitcom version of the British TV comedy "Men Behaving Badly" with Rob Schneider and Ron Eldard, she starred as Sarah, Eldard's girlfriend. She has appeared in several made-for-TV movies and independent films. Her theater experience includes Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" (Roundabout Theater), Mamet's "Speed the Plow" (WIlliamstown Theater Fest), and Wedekind's "Lulu" (Berkeley Rep), among others.
In the fall of 2007, Bateman helped produce the very successful Speechless campaign in support of the Writers Guild of America strike. Since then she has been sought after as an authority in the space for various panels including The Cannes Lion Int’l Ad Festival, Digital Hollywood, NATPE, and The Branded Content Summit and has been involved creatively in a multitude of digital projects.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Six Rye High School Standouts Commit To College Sports
- 3 Rye Brook Teen, 16, ID'd In Fatal Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Nat'l Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change In Rye Crash, Police Say
- 5 IRS Warns Rye Residents Of Phone Scam