RYE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Rye’s Justin Henry!
Henry, who was born in Rye, turns 43 on Sunday.
Henry, a former child actor, was born May 25, 1971. He appeared in the 1979 film Kramer vs. Kramer in a performance that earned him a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, the youngest actor to be nominated in any category. The performance later earned him a spot (#80) on VH1's 100 Greatest Kid Stars.
On the big screen, Henry appeared in the 1984 Brat Pack film Sixteen Candles, playing Molly Ringwald's younger brother. Henry also played the son of a married couple played by Don Johnson and Susan Sarandon in the 1988 film Sweet Hearts Dance. In 1998, Henry cofounded the Slamdunk Film Festival. Although he continues to make occasional appearances in film and television, since 2009, he is a Regional Director of Sales at Veoh.
- 1 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 2 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 Rye Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rye