RYE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Rye’s Justin Henry!
Henry, who was born in Rye, turns 43 on Sunday.
Henry, a former child actor, was born May 25, 1971. He appeared in the 1979 film Kramer vs. Kramer in a performance that earned him a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, the youngest actor to be nominated in any category. The performance later earned him a spot (#80) on VH1's 100 Greatest Kid Stars.
On the big screen, Henry appeared in the 1984 Brat Pack film Sixteen Candles, playing Molly Ringwald's younger brother. Henry also played the son of a married couple played by Don Johnson and Susan Sarandon in the 1988 film Sweet Hearts Dance. In 1998, Henry cofounded the Slamdunk Film Festival. Although he continues to make occasional appearances in film and television, since 2009, he is a Regional Director of Sales at Veoh.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Rye College Student Travis Misarti Is Invited To Screen Film At Cannes
- 5 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Rye