RYE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Rye’s Justin Henry!
Henry, who was born in Rye, turns 43 on Sunday.
Henry, a former child actor, was born May 25, 1971. He appeared in the 1979 film Kramer vs. Kramer in a performance that earned him a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, the youngest actor to be nominated in any category. The performance later earned him a spot (#80) on VH1's 100 Greatest Kid Stars.
On the big screen, Henry appeared in the 1984 Brat Pack film Sixteen Candles, playing Molly Ringwald's younger brother. Henry also played the son of a married couple played by Don Johnson and Susan Sarandon in the 1988 film Sweet Hearts Dance. In 1998, Henry cofounded the Slamdunk Film Festival. Although he continues to make occasional appearances in film and television, since 2009, he is a Regional Director of Sales at Veoh.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 3 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 4 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 5 Renowned Building Team Finishes Construction On New Home In Rye