RYE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Rye’s Jason Bateman!
Jason Kent Bateman, who was born in Rye, turns 45 on Tuesday.
Bateman, an actor, was born January 14, 1969. He rose to prominence as a high-profile teen actor in the 1980s, in sitcoms such as Silver Spoons and The Hogan Family, before returning in the early 2000s in the role of Michael Bluth on Arrested Development, for which he won a TV Land Award, a Golden Globe, and two Satellite Awards.
He has since established himself in Hollywood by appearing in several films, including The Kingdom, Juno, Hancock, Up in the Air, Paul, Horrible Bosses, and Identity Thief. He is the younger brother of actress Justine Bateman.
In 2009, Bateman became a regular voice actor for the short-lived Fox comedy series Sit Down, Shut Up. In 2010, Bateman and Arrested Development co-star Will Arnett created "DumbDumb Productions," a production company focusing on digital content. He made a dramatic turn in 2012 with the thriller film Disconnect, and starred in the 2013 comedy film Identity Thief. In 2013, Bateman made his directorial debut with Bad Words.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge In Rye Brook
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester