RYE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Rye’s David Morris Lee!
David Morris Lee, born in Rye, turns 83 on Monday.
Lee, a physicist who shared the 1996 Nobel Prize in Physics with Robert C. Richardson and Douglas Osheroff for their discovery of superfluidity in helium-3, was born Jan. 20, 1931.
As well as the Nobel Prize, other prizes won by Lee include the 1976 Sir Francis Simon Memorial Prize of the British Institute of Physics and the 1981 Oliver Buckley Prize of the American Physical Society along with Doug Osheroff and Robert Richardson for their superfluid 3He work.
Lee is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Lee is currently teaching physics at Texas A&M University and continuing his (formerly Cornell-based) research program there as well.
- 1 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 2 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rye
- 4 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 5 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says