RYE, N.Y. – Children’s book author Linda Petrie Bunch will appear at the Rye Free Reading Room this month to talk about her stories that revolve around Hannah, her Bernese mountain dog.
The program includes a doggie craft and a visit from a “mystery guest,” and will take place at 2 p.m. Jan. 19.
Petrie Bunch’s books, “A Snow Day for Hannah” and “A Beach Day for Hannah,” follow the young dog's adventures as she romps through spectacular scenery in playful stories with rollicking rhyme schemes.
Petrie Bunch has loved Bernese mountain dogs for more than 20 years. She and Hannah regularly travel around her home state of Colorado reading at Boys & Girls Clubs. A portion of the proceeds from her books, which will be available at the library for purchase and signing, benefits the clubs.
“Boys & Girls Clubs provide amazing opportunities for children to expand their horizons and I’m honored to be able to help this cause,” Petrie Bunch said in a statement.
For more information, go to www.ryelibrary.org or call 914-231-3162. The Rye Free Reading Room is at 1061 Boston Post Road, Rye.
- 1 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 2 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 3 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 5 Blind Brook School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday