RYE, N.Y. – Children’s book author Linda Petrie Bunch will appear at the Rye Free Reading Room this month to talk about her stories that revolve around Hannah, her Bernese mountain dog.
The program includes a doggie craft and a visit from a “mystery guest,” and will take place at 2 p.m. Jan. 19.
Petrie Bunch’s books, “A Snow Day for Hannah” and “A Beach Day for Hannah,” follow the young dog's adventures as she romps through spectacular scenery in playful stories with rollicking rhyme schemes.
Petrie Bunch has loved Bernese mountain dogs for more than 20 years. She and Hannah regularly travel around her home state of Colorado reading at Boys & Girls Clubs. A portion of the proceeds from her books, which will be available at the library for purchase and signing, benefits the clubs.
“Boys & Girls Clubs provide amazing opportunities for children to expand their horizons and I’m honored to be able to help this cause,” Petrie Bunch said in a statement.
For more information, go to www.ryelibrary.org or call 914-231-3162. The Rye Free Reading Room is at 1061 Boston Post Road, Rye.
- 1 Rye High School, Middle School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Rye Students Evacuated After 'Bomb Threat' Note Found In Boys Bathroom
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Rye On Wednesday
- 4 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 5 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'