RYE, N.Y. -- It's an annual dilemma -- what to get your special someone for Valentine's Day? For those short on time we've rounded up a list beyond the usual chocolate and flowers. Even better -- especially with the never-ending who-knows-if-it-will-snow-or-not forecast -- our list keeps you close to home.
- LV2BFIT ('Love to be Fit') has cute pj's, T-shirts, and bags in various sizes, all showcasing the importance of love. The store is having a "50 Shades of Grey Valentine's Day Party" from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 10. Bring a friend and enjoy a cocktail. Love it: 13 Rye Ridge Plaza, Rye Brook, 914- 305-6567, www.lv2bfit.com/ .
- Show your love of Westchester with a Westchester bag from Domestic Dry Goods Company where everything is made in the U.S., and mostly made in New York. The store also sells fun Valentine's Day sparklers as well as greeting cards proclaiming to be "Queen" (or "King") of everything. Love it: 14 Rye Ridge Plaza, Rye Brook, 914-481-4822, www.domesticdrygoodscompany.com/ .
- Love makes its mark with necklaces from Indigo Chic . Love it: 124 S. Ridge St., Rye Brook, 914-935-1470, www.indigochic.com/ .
- Ward off evil and other ill wills with a pink evil eye and diamond necklace from Angelas . Love it: 24 Purchase St., Rye, 914-481-5894, www.angelasinrye.com/.
- Alex and Ani's new four-piece Infinite Love collection includes wrap and expandable wire bangle options in he brand's signature Rafaelian gold and silver finishes with beaded blush and lavender options. Love it: 52 Purchase St., Rye, 914-481-1506, www.alexandani.com/.
- Items you never thought you'd need -- but then have to have -- are part of WISH Home Boutique's repetoire. Owner Denise McDonald is always happy to steer you in the right direction -- or put together a custom basket of perfect presents. Love it: 3 Purdy Ave., Rye, 914-967-2910.
Go here for Port Chester finds (including spa deals at CLAY Health Club); here for New Rochelle offerings (including a "Sweetheart Shopping Event" at Alvin & Friends Feb. ll) and here for Mamaroneck, Larchmont, including something fun but naughty at Siren Boutique.
Got a spot we missed? Tell us about it in the Comments area below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.