RYE BROOK, N.Y. -- Travelling this summer?
Her travel routine suggestions follow.
- Hydrate. Drink plenty of water and nutrient packed cold-pressed juices to avoid jet lag, food cravings, and overeating.
- Combine protein, healthy fats and fiber at each meal. This combination sustains your blood sugar and leaves you feeling full for a longer period of time.
- Eat breakfast. Don't go on coffee alone as this will increase belly fat. Opt for egg whites and tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt with fresh fruit or nuts.
- Think grilled, broiled, poached, roasted or baked for your proteins and vegetables when eating out. Small changes like asking for olive oil and lemon for your dressing on your salad and two vegetables instead of a starch for sides, make a big difference.
- Stay well rested . Try to get eight hours of sleep and stay away from caffeine after 2 p.m. Caffeine dehydrates; see first tip.