WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- While everyone may be focused on Independence Day activities this weekend, there are plenty of other things happening next weekend and beyond at Westchester County parks.
Here is a schedule of some of the activities.
Friday, July 10
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah: Music in the Park, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Gerard Carelli performs American standards. Admission $5.
- Playland Park, Playland Parkway, Rye, 914-813-7010: Friday Night Fireworks, 9:15 p.m. Fireworks display choreographed to music. Parking fees apply. Visit RyePlayland.org .
Saturday, July 11
- Read Wildlife Sanctuary, Playland Park, Rye, 914-967-8720: Volunteer Work Day, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Help with invasive plant removal, trail work, beach cleanup and more.
- Playland Park, Playland Parkway, Rye, 914-813-7010: Playland MarketFest, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Vintage and handmade items, jewelry, crafts and food.
Saturday and Sunday, July 11 and 12
- Muscoot Farm, Route 100, Somers, 914-864-7282: Art show opens noon-4 p.m. View works by artist Paul Kmiotek in the Main House Gallery on weekends during July.
Sunday, July 12
- Muscoot Farm, Route 100, Somers, 914-864-7282: Butterfly Walk, 10 a.m.-noon. Join naturalist Tait Johansson for a walk in search of local butterflies. Also, farmers market, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Shop more than 20 unique vendors offering fresh produce, cheese and a variety of local items. Mushroom Walk, 1-3 p.m. Join Mushroom University’s Rena Wetzer and Marie Thorpe for a walk and a lesson on fungi.
- Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla, – 914-231-4033: Polish Heritage Festival, noon-6 p.m. Live music and entertainment, dance, arts and crafts, food and more.
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah: Tour of the main house, 2-3 p.m. Learn about the history of the park and the family who lived there. Pre-registration is required at 914-864-7264. Meet in the shop at Lasdon.
For more information, go to parks.westchestergov.com .