RYE, N.Y. -- Rye's Wainwright House is set to host dance choreographer David Marquez for a musical theater dance class for teens on Saturday, March 22.
Marquez' visit will begin at 1 p.m. at the Lower Carriage House Yoga Studio at Wainwright House on 260 Stuyvesant Ave. in Rye. He will be there as part of Retreat Beyond the Boroughs “Theater Weekends Away” Series for professional performers. The program is for students between the ages of 14 and 19.
"He has set aside Saturday afternoon to work with local dance students on how to tell a story through dance for musical theater," representatives said. "The class will include a foundation building warm-up, across the floor progressions focusing on technique and a dance combination focusing on character and performance."
Marquez is directing and choreographing a new Off-Broadway musical titled "Folk City." His Broadway choreography credits include: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer," "The Gershwins Fascinating Rhythm" and "Stanley."
The cost for the class is $75. For more information and to register, residents are asked to go to the Retreat Beyond the Boroughs website.
- 1 Funeral Services Held In Rye For 20-Year-Old Marisa Curlen
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI