RYE, N.Y. -- Rye's Wainwright House is set to host dance choreographer David Marquez for a musical theater dance class for teens on Saturday, March 22.
Marquez' visit will begin at 1 p.m. at the Lower Carriage House Yoga Studio at Wainwright House on 260 Stuyvesant Ave. in Rye. He will be there as part of Retreat Beyond the Boroughs “Theater Weekends Away” Series for professional performers. The program is for students between the ages of 14 and 19.
"He has set aside Saturday afternoon to work with local dance students on how to tell a story through dance for musical theater," representatives said. "The class will include a foundation building warm-up, across the floor progressions focusing on technique and a dance combination focusing on character and performance."
Marquez is directing and choreographing a new Off-Broadway musical titled "Folk City." His Broadway choreography credits include: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer," "The Gershwins Fascinating Rhythm" and "Stanley."
The cost for the class is $75. For more information and to register, residents are asked to go to the Retreat Beyond the Boroughs website.
- 1 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director