WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County nature centers have announced events for the weekend of Saturday, Sept. 27 and Sunday, Sept. 28.
A rundown is below.
Saturday, Sept. 27:
Marshlands Conservancy, Route 1, Rye:
- Fall Bird Migration Exploration—7:30 a.m. Bring binoculars for sightings of warblers, raptors and waders. Seek out as many as you can.
- Meadow Excursion in the Fall – 2 p.m. From blooming fall flowers to birds and insects, join the naturalist to discover the treasures from within. Bring binoculars.
Cranberry Lake Preserve, Old Orchard Street, North White Plains:
- Paper Making – 1 p.m. Turn recycled paper into decorative art paper for multiple uses. Fee $3; pre-registration required.
Sunday, Sept. 28:
Cranberry Lake Preserve, 1609 Old Orchard St., North White Plains:
- Animal Presentation – 2 p.m. Learn all about the nature center animals.
Trailside Nature Museum at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Route 35 and 121 South, Cross River:
- Legends and Lore of the Little People – 2 p.m. Storyteller Jonathan Kruk tells legends of leprechaun lairs, elfin dens, faeries and a troll house.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.