RYE, N.Y. – The Rye YMCA is rolling out its new calendar of classes and sessions available for children, teens, and adults in the Rye area for the fall. Here are some of the programs coming soon to the Y.
• “Girl Power,” a new sports program just for girls. The class, for ages 8 – 11, focuses on several different sports with a goal towards building confidence and having fun.
• “Sports Sampler,” “Kiddy Boot Camp,” and Yoga Bears” are classes designed especially for active pre-schoolers to learn new skills in a playful, structured environment.
• Youth Tee Ball is offered for boys and girls ages 5 – 7 at the Midland School.
• “Kiddie Crafts,” “Rock Your World,” and “Pre-Ballet & Movement” are all classes for preschoolers with the goal of exploring the arts.
• After school arts enrichment programs for school-age children include “percussion Around the World” for ages 7–11; “Glee Club” for ages 8-12; and “Dance Mix” for ages 7– 9.
• After-school dance programs for children 5–7 include “Hip Hop Dance” and “Ballet/Jazz/Dance Sampler.”
• “S.N.A.P. – Special Needs Activity Program” will be held on Saturdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The program for children ages 6–11, provides one-on-one support and spans activities like music, cooperative sports, and social games.
• Teens can get fit with the “On/Off Sports Conditioning Program” or “Teen Training 101.”
• Take Red Cross safety classes and become certified in CPR/AED, as a lifeguard, water safety instructor, or babysitter.
• Small group-exercise classes can offer motivation and inspiration for adults to focus on their health and well-being. Classes include “Power Up, Power Up Plus” with JT and “Fat Blasters” with JT.
• Small group classes in the water include “Freestyle With Flow” clinic designed to help swimmers become more efficient and relaxed or “Endurance Swim Training,” a 9-week coached training program for swimmers to want to build speed and endurance.
• For pregnant women, the YMCA offers a “Prenatal Yoga” class and a “Pre-natal Water Exercise” class. For parents, there’s a “Baby and Me Yoga/Pilates” class.
Registration begins Sept. 8. To view the YMCA’s program guide and to register online, please visit www.ryeymca.org. For more information, contact Member Services staff at 914-967-6363.