RYE, N.Y. -- Patty Chang Anker, author of "Some Nerve: Lessons Learned While Becoming Brave," will be featured by the Rye YMCA at the Rye Free Reading Room on Wednesday, April 9, at 7 p.m.
"Some Nerve" describes Anker’s “quest to conquer her fears and embrace life -- and to inspire others to do the same.” Published in October 2013, "Some Nerve" was a finalist for the Books for a Better Life Award and has received widespread praise. Oprah.com has called it “downright inspiring.”
International best-selling author Elizabeth Gilbert ("Eat, Pray, Love") wrote: "Anker tells a compelling story of everyday courage -- one that is sure to touch and help countless others who have made worry into an art form. She proves that it's not too late, that we can truly change ourselves and enlarge our worlds as a result."
Anker is also a popular blogger for PsychologyToday.com, Babble.com and her own blog, "Facing Forty Upside Down." Copies of "Some Nerve" will be sold at Arcade Books in Rye beforehand and at the event, where they will be signed by Anker.
The Rye Free Reading Room is at the Village Green at 1061 Boston Post Road, Rye.
The event is free and open to the public. RSVP to Denise Woodin at 967-6363, ext. 101, or at email@example.com.
For more information about the author, visit http://www.pattychanganker.com
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 FBI Probing Whether Prison Escapees Were Involed In Heroin Trafficking Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line