RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Recreation Department will host several programs to keep kids busy during winter break.
Children in kindergarten through eighth-grade can participate in a three-day golf camp that will run from Tuesday, Feb. 18 through Friday, Feb. 20, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m at the Osborn Gym, 10 Osborn Road. Kids will learn fundamentals, advanced techniques, rules, etiquette, and gain an understanding of all parts of the golf course. All equipment will be supplied. Golf camp costs $165 for residents and $190 for non-residents.
"Mad Science" is a two-day program for children in kindergarten through fourth grade. "Shock it to Me" will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Damiano Recreation Center, 281 Midland Ave. Kids will learn about conductors, insulators and the world of circuit electricity.
"The Science of Toys" will be held on Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Damiano Center from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and will teach kids he physics behind toys like the Slinky, Yo-Yos and gyroscopic tops.
Both science camps cost $55 for residents and $60 for non residents.
For more information, log on to www.ryeny.gov/recreation.cfm
- 1 Rye Restaurateur To Open Saltaire Oyster Bar In Port Chester
- 2 Jeanine Pirro's Home In Harrison Listed By Coldwell Banker Agent
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Accident With Overturned Tractor Trailer Reported At I-95/I-287 Interchange
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Rye