RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Nature Center, in connection with the National Wildlife Federation, will host the Rye Habitat Project to make Rye city the first certified "Community Wildlife Habitat" in New York state.
The certification will give Rye a unique distinction and improve the environmental quality of life.
To reach the goal, Rye needs to certify 200 homes, six common areas and three schools within the community. Currently, Rye has 67 homes, 22 common areas, and six schools certified.
To help make Rye certified, visit Rye Nature Center's website at http://www.ryenaturecenter.org/.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Rye's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Two Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester