RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Nature Center, in connection with the National Wildlife Federation, will host the Rye Habitat Project to make Rye city the first certified "Community Wildlife Habitat" in New York state.
The certification will give Rye a unique distinction and improve the environmental quality of life.
To reach the goal, Rye needs to certify 200 homes, six common areas and three schools within the community. Currently, Rye has 67 homes, 22 common areas, and six schools certified.
To help make Rye certified, visit Rye Nature Center's website at http://www.ryenaturecenter.org/.
- 1 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 2 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 3 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 4 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 5 Rye Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm