RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Nature Center, in connection with the National Wildlife Federation, will host the Rye Habitat Project to make Rye city the first certified "Community Wildlife Habitat" in New York state.
The certification will give Rye a unique distinction and improve the environmental quality of life.
To reach the goal, Rye needs to certify 200 homes, six common areas and three schools within the community. Currently, Rye has 67 homes, 22 common areas, and six schools certified.
To help make Rye certified, visit Rye Nature Center's website at http://www.ryenaturecenter.org/.
- 1 Soccer Goal Safety Bill Rooted In Rye Brook Signed Into State Law
- 2 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 3 Rye Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Blind Brook School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 Rye Businessman Gives Back Through Buses, Books, Pajamas