RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Nature Center, in connection with the National Wildlife Federation, will host the Rye Habitat Project to make Rye city the first certified "Community Wildlife Habitat" in New York state.
The certification will give Rye a unique distinction and improve the environmental quality of life.
To reach the goal, Rye needs to certify 200 homes, six common areas and three schools within the community. Currently, Rye has 67 homes, 22 common areas, and six schools certified.
To help make Rye certified, visit Rye Nature Center's website at http://www.ryenaturecenter.org/.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Rye; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rye, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Rye Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell