RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Nature Center, in connection with the National Wildlife Federation, will host the Rye Habitat Project to make Rye city the first certified "Community Wildlife Habitat" in New York state.
The certification will give Rye a unique distinction and improve the environmental quality of life.
To reach the goal, Rye needs to certify 200 homes, six common areas and three schools within the community. Currently, Rye has 67 homes, 22 common areas, and six schools certified.
To help make Rye certified, visit Rye Nature Center's website at http://www.ryenaturecenter.org/.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Near Rye City Border Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Three Different Ryes Can Be Confusing In Westchester