RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Arts Center is looking to host several activities over the school district's winter break from Feb. 17 to 21.
The center, at 51 Milton Road in Rye, is hosting creative programs for children from pre-kindergarten to eighth-grade. Activities include the continuation of Maker Workshop Week, ceramics, storytelling and engineering sessions.
Children from ages 10 to 12 are invited to Maker Workshop Week with LittleBits, MaKeyMaKey Music Making and Scratch. Kids can "discover the fun of exploring and creating works of art and music using simple computer coding, circuit bending, motors and lights," representatives said.
Children from ages 8 to 11 can enjoy LittleBits Creative Creations with Nicole.
"Using LittleBits technology and a variety of art materials students will create amazing works of art powered by motors, light and more to give these creations life, while teaching the fundamentals of engineering," representatives said.
The center will host a "Half Day for Half Pints" each day for ages 4 to 5. Kids age 5 to 7 can enjoy a ceramics class and kids age 7 to 9 can enjoy a drawing and painting class.
For more information, or to register, visit the Rye Arts Center website or call 914-967-0700.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Halloween In Sleepy Hollow Country Kicks Off This Weekend
- 3 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In Rye, Rye Brook, White Plains
- 4 Rumors Of Gun In Rye School Tops News Last Week
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer