RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Arts Center is hosting a free family day on Saturday, Jan. 11.
Residents are invited to bring their children to "discover and explore the innovative world where science and technology combine with art and music to spark creativity and innovation," representatives said. The Free Maker Day is set to begin at 1 p.m. and a family concert is set for 3 p.m. at the center, 51 Milton Road in Rye. There are additional events from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at TD Bank at 38 Purchase St. in Rye.
"The Free Family Day includes demos, workshops, music concert and refreshments," representatives said. "A hands on afternoon designed to have fun while creating art and music using the latest in technology. Currently scheduled demos include MakerBot 3D printing, MaKey MaKey music instrument making, Scratch animated video and music production, Little Bits design building, LEGO engineering and MineCraft."
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Rye College Student Travis Misarti Is Invited To Screen Film At Cannes
- 5 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Rye