RYE, N.Y. -- The Rye Arts Center is hosting several new classes combining science, technology and engineering with art and music starting Jan. 27.
The program uses STEM and ART to make STEAM, the intersection of engineering, science, math and technology. The Rye Arts Center will host the series of new classes starting Jan. 27. Residents can sign up for the programs by visiting the Rye Arts Center website .
The following is schedule of classes, courtesy the Rye Arts Center:
- Digital Architecture I: Google Sketchup with Gary Mack, MAT Ages 8 - 10 Mondays, 3:45 - 4:45 p.m. ages 11 and up Mondays, 5 - 6 p.m. Session 1: 8 classes beginning Jan. 27 Session 2: 8 classes beginning April 7 Use Google Sketchup and learn to create basic 3D computer generated models of your own design. No prior experience with Sketchup needed.
- NEW! Art & Engineering using LittleBits with Nicole Zahour Ages 8 - 11 Wednesdays, 4 - 5 p.m. Session 1: 8 classes beginning Jan. 29 Session 2: 8 classes beginning April 9 Create amazing works of art powered by science. Motors, lights and more are used to make creations while teaching the fundamentals of engineering
- Creative Building: Architecture 101 with Gary Mack, MAT Ages 8 - 10 Fridays, 3:45 - 4:45 p.m. Session 1: 8 classes beginning January 31 Session 2: 8 classes beginning April 11 Start with a drawing and then see it take shape in 3 dimensional magic.
- NEW! Siege Machines and Medieval Fortresses with Mr. Mack Ages 11 - 13 Fridays, 5 - 6 p.m. Session 1: 8 classes beginning January 31 Session 2: 8 classes beginning April 11 Build fun machines while learning creative mechanics.
- NEW! Maker-Maniacs! Art, Engineering, and More with David Baer Ages 9 - 12 Saturdays, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Session 1: 8 classes beginning February 1 Session 2: 8 classes beginning April 12 Use technology to build amazing works of art while learning the fundamentals of design and engineering. Tools and projects include circuit bending, LittleBits, and more.
- MineCraft Club with Gary Mack, MAT Ages 8 - 10 Saturdays, 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. Ages 11 and up Saturdays, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Session 1: 8 classes beginning February 1 Session 2: 8 classes beginning April 12 Use virtual reality to build problem solving skills and learn lessons in math and science, literacy and creative thinking to create architecture in a virtual world.
- NEW! Engineering I using LEGO/K’NEX with Gary Mack, MAT Ages 7 - 9 Saturdays, 11:45 - 12:45 p.m. Session 1: 8 classes beginning Feb. 1 Session 2: 8 classes beginning April 12 Use building blocks and mechanisms to create models, machines and architectural structures.
- NEW! MaKeyMaKey with Adam Raymonda Ages 8 - 10 Saturdays, 11:15 a.m. -12:15 p.m. Session I: 8 classes beginning Feb. 1 Session II: 8 classes beginning Apr. 12 Explore how music, electricity and technology come together. Use the MaKey MaKey device and learn how to turn ordinary objects into musical instruments through a computer controller.
- NEW! Scratch with Adam Raymonda Ages 6 - 8 Saturday, 10 -11 a.m. Session I: 8 classes beginning Feb. 1 Session II: 8 classes beginning Apr. 12 Learn the basics of simple coding through creating music, animations, and interactive stories. This class will help young students.
- NEW! Winter Recess: MAKER Week Ages 8 - 11 Monday - Friday, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Feb. 17 - 21 Creative Creations using LittleBits and more.
- NEW! Spring Recess: MAKER Week! Ages 8 - 11 Monday - Friday, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. April 14 - 18 Creative Creations using LittleBits and more.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.