PURCHASE, N.Y. -- The Purchase College Conservatory of Music will host a dozen musical concerts during the holiday season, including everything from classical and contemporary to Latin jazz and soul.
The concerts begin Monday, Dec. 1, and culminate in a performance by the Purchase Symphony Orchestra and Purchase College Chorus on Dec. 12.
“The Purchase College Conservatory of Music is an incredible resource for the community, with an abundance of talent and depth,” said Graham Ashton, director of the Conservatory. “Our students are playing from morning to night — and have the opportunity to play every genre of music, as well as to collaborate with students from other disciplines, such as theater and dance. We are thrilled to invite the public to share in the music — which truly encompasses something for everyone.”
The Conservatory selects an elite group of students for a performing arts program recognized as one of the best in the country. Professional training at Purchase is designed to guide students toward musical mastery and launch them on the path to rewarding careers. The dedicated musicians and singers gain experience through hundreds of performances each year at Purchase.
Highlights of the December season will include the New Music/Sinfonietta program, which was developed by Ashton and features exciting original contemporary works. The Jazz Arranging Concert showcases the composition skills of Jazz Studies students, while other programs offer a versatile selection of classical and contemporary pieces performed by brass and wind groups.
All concerts will be held at Purchase College, 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase. All are free and open to the public, except for the Purchase Symphonic Winds and Purchase Symphony Orchestra.
- Wind Chamber Concert, Dec. 1, 6 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Recital Hall
- Soul Voices - “Crossing Jordan,” Dec. 2, 7 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Recital Hall
- Jazz Arranging Concert, Dec. 3, 1 p.m. Conservatory of Music, Choral Hall
- Purchase Latin Jazz Orchestra, Dec. 3, 8 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Choral Hall
- Brass Concert, Dec. 4, 8 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Choral Hall
- Purchase Contemporary Ensemble, Dec. 4, 8 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Recital Hall
- Brass Ensemble Concert Dec. 7, 7 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Recital Hall
- Brass Chamber Music Concert, Dec. 8, 7 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Recital Hall
- Purchase New Music/Sinfonietta, Dec. 9, 8 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Recital Hall
- Purchase Symphonic Winds, Dec. 10, 7:30 p.m., Performing Arts Center, Recital Hall
- Purchase Jazz Orchestra, Dec. 11, 7 p.m., Conservatory of Music, Choral Hall
- Purchase Symphony Orchestra with Purchase College Chorus, Dec. 12, 7:30 p.m., Performing Arts Center, Recital Hall
To order tickets, please visit www.artscenter.org or call 914-251-6200.