WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The first of four tennis events in the 4th Annual Rally for the Cause Series, sponsored by USTA Eastern’s Southern Region, raised more than $10,000 for cancer research and had a record number of 82 participants.
The event took place at Rye Racquet Club on Saturday, July 26 and raised funds for the American Cancer Society, focusing on breast cancer research.
“The Westchester tournament has become a community event that people look forward to each year,” said Olga Harvey, board member of the Southern Region of the U.S. Tennis Association. “It’s a fun, rewarding experience that provides great competition for players of all levels.”
“We spread out the events to give players from across the region the opportunity to participate in more than one if not all of them,” Harvey said. “The goal is to bring new players to the game of tennis, while at the same time, raise money for charities.”
For more information on upcoming events visit, www.southernregion.usta.com/tournaments.
- 1 Funeral Services Held In Rye For 20-Year-Old Marisa Curlen
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests